The talk in the latest thread about Antawn Jamison and Gerald Wallace got me thinking about a possible trade involving them and I came up with this:
2nd round draft pick
In this scenario, the if you exclude the draft pick, the point averages are identical and the Wizards would gain 2 rebounds and an assist and the slight advantage Washington gains from that is why I throw in the 2nd round pick that I really don't think would help the Wizards much anyway.
Why the Wizards would be interested in this trade:
- They get perimeter defensive help from Wallace.
- At least in my opinion, Sean May is a better fit at the 4 spot than Jamison, and when Eddie Jordan goes to a small lineup, May is would be a good fit as center, which I believe he played in college if I recall correctly.
- Having Arenas, Daniels, Stevenson, Butler, and Wallace would give the Wizards a slew of backcourt options.
- Veteran leadership from Jamison and legitimate outside threat to help Morrison.
- Tarheel fans would appreciate having Jamison in Charlotte and if they could pick up Vince Carter in free agency this summer, they'd be partying like it's 1997.
- Adding Hayes and an extra draft pick helps the Bobcats add to their youth movement.
So what do you all think? Could this work? Or am I being overly optimistic?